It's been two weeks since I've added anything! Where does the time go? Seems like I have more to keep me busy than when I was working full time! What have I gotten done? I completed the April BOM for Snowbound and it is a cutie. I am having so much fun with these little snowmen, I am anxious to see the next one. I have also finished the wedding quilt, all but a sleeve and a label. I am going to work on the sleeve as soon as I finish writing so I will have some hand stitching to do tonight. And I have the center part of all my swap blocks put together. Just have to square them up and add the borders. I don't have pictures yet because my husband took the camera with him.
My husband left Tuesday to go spring turkey hunting down south. He was suppose to be home next Tuesday but he called today and he will be home tomorrow instead. It warmed up early down there and the turkeys have finished breeding so the toms won't come to call. They have all disappeared into the brush. DH said it is warm and dry and dusty down by the lake and up on the mountain top there is still three feet of snow and cold. Spring turkey hunting is only the toms, the hens are ready to nest and lay eggs so they are off limits. In the fall they can all be hunted. He took his fishing equipment but the lake is so murky from the snow run off that the fish aren't biting either. The good thing is he said the lake is fuller than he has seen it in 15 years so all the snow we got over the winter was a really good thing. He did pick up two milk crates full of smashed aluminum cans while he was riding the ATV around the trails though. It always makes me mad, the NM hunters can lug full cases of beer all over the woods while they are hunting but cannot bother to carry out the empties. They leave their trash everywhere. But, it is profitable for those of us who like to hunt down all those cans and recycle them, plus we clean up some of the trash.
I will put the ironing board away (I just left it up these last few days while I was sewing) and run the vacuum, then sew on the quilt sleeve tonight. Yesterday I was real ambitious, I cut up the last of the small branches from tree trimming and raked the tiny sticks up so the yard looks great. I also did three loads of laundry and hand washed the lace panels from the living room curtains and put them back up. In with the laundry I washed the valances from the kitchen and bedroom then ironed them and put them back up. Then spent the afternoon at the dentist office for a deep cleaning on the right side of my mouth. My gums are a little sore today, but not too bad. I treated myself to a chocolate milkshake from DQ on the way home. I go back in a few weeks to get the left side done then my mouth should be in tip top shape!
Guess that is all for now so I will get started on the hanging sleeve! Happy sewing!
Mmmmm...DQ... Sounds like you've made good use of the time without the hubby! Doesn't it feel good to have the swap blocks almost done? I got to that point and was excited. Even more so when the borders were finally on. But I thought retirement meant you had lots of time to do your hobbies?
ReplyDeleteI'm with Katie- DQ sounds good! Sounds like you've been very busy! Can't wait to see the projects. I was sorry to read about the cans. Isn't that ridiculous!?! I hope your mouth feels better :) Christine
ReplyDeleteYesterday may have been ambitious but I bet it felt great to cross all those chores off the list. Now you can quilt without that niggling feeling that something else needs doing. I'm looking forward to your hubby bringing the camera back :) -Joanne
ReplyDeleteYou certainly do stay busy all the time, don't you? Take time now to sit back and enjoy! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteMarcia, You have been busy! Thanks for your speculations on the quilts on my blog. It is fun; I hope I get lots of comments. I added a picture of the bars back of the first quilt which I had forgotten, if you want to go back and take a look.
ReplyDeleteI was out of state for the past two weeks, and came home to green trees!! Very nice...I was soooo tired of all the brown here!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got some stuff done. I will post later about my time with the kids;) Glad your hubby is enjoying himself even with the odd luck;)
Happy Quilting!!
Fantastic effort Marsha! You have achieved so much. It feels so good to get through a stack of jobs like that. I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding quilt, snowman and swap blocks. You have inspired me to tackle a few extra tasks this weekend. Thanks for the wonderful comment om=n my scarf post! Ann :-)
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy. I can't wait to see photos of all you have finished up. This month seems to be speeding by.
ReplyDeleteHope your mouth feels better.