Hope no one gets the better of you today! Our day started with trips to two credit unions, the bank and the grocery store. With that out of the way, I can sew. The weather here is gloomy and cloudy. Another storm rolling through with 30 - 40 mile an hour winds, I hope we at least get a little rain out of it. It was sunny and warm the last two days, temp went to 82 on Tuesday! Today it is high 50's, what a change!
I have finished the cross-hatching in all three rows of the wedding quilt. The painters tape sure made it easy to get nice straight lines that are uniformly spaced. I will use this idea again! I am now working on the checker board border. I am stitching through the squares at an angle in both directions. It has made a big difference in the way the quilt looks, I really like the effect.
I have been working on the Snowbound BOM's, too. One is all done, the other two still need a little embroidery work but they are almost finished. The next block pattern is due out on Monday, so I am almost caught up. I cut the fabric out for the other blocks for this quilt, too. I had to run to the fabric store for a little more of the outer border fabric and some orange embroidery floss to do the snowman noses. I told two of the women working at the store about this BOM and they both wrote down the web site to check it out. Maybe they will have snowmen, too.
Well, I really need to do some dusting and a little house cleaning but I just might sew instead. Since it is sooooooo windy outside, the dust will just be back in the house tomorrow. May just wait to get it all at once!
Have a great time quilting!
glad you are feeling better! I have not even started the snowbound yet! Oh how I want to!!! I have a lot of other projects I need to cross off my to do list first...and I am a little annoyed my sewing machine doesnt have a blanet stitch!! have to do it by hand!
ReplyDeleteYou are busy as usual. I think your warm weather blew over here, it is warm and sunny. I never know what season to dress for lately. I am ok with sunshine anyday.
ReplyDeleteI really think you should sew. It is way more fun than any cleaning could be.
Happy April
That's some crazy weather you are having but a blustery day is a good reason to saty indoors and catch upon some sewing. I'm looking forward to seeing the wedding quilt (I'm in awe of anyone who hand quilts). Nice to see you passing on some Snowman love. I wonder what the next one will look like. Cheers, Ann :-)
ReplyDeleteSo you weatherman is why we are expecting storms tomorrow in North Central Texas?? Yuk!! I have plans tomorrow night, and hail is predicted! Not good news! Glad you are feeling like getting lots of quilting done! You too have included the right word: "little" house cleaning! Why clean house when you can quilt? *grin* ---"Love"
ReplyDelete