
Here is a picture of the quilt I am working on right now. This is from American Patchwork & Quilting, June 2009 issue.
I am at the point where I have all the blocks stitched together with the short sashing strips. Next step is to stitch those rows together with the long sashing strips. Even though it is a scrappy quilt, it has been a bit of a challenge making sure the colors and fabric designs are well balanced in the whole thing. It is coming together and I am enjoying working on it.
I've spent a lot of time the last week in making sure I am following everyone in the new blogs and learning (slowly) how to navigate and work with this new blog thing. It is all good though, nice to be challenged to learn new things!
I'm headed off to press what I have done so far and maybe start sewing the long sashing strips. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, stay warm and have fun quilting!
Marsha
Oh I love that quilt! Sometimes "scrappy" is hard to get that balanced look and I end up spending more time on them. I can't wait to see a picture of your quilt.
ReplyDeleteIt certainly is a learning process to get acquainted with this new site. I've been asking around (and posted it in my last blog) about picture posting. How did you post the picture so that it becomes a link and opens as an enlarged picture in a new window? Thanks! :) Christine
I'm looking forward to seeing your version. I love scrap quilts but I find making one a rather daunting prospect. Like you said, balancing the colours and fabric designs would be challenging.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment! I guess lots of APQers don't get how to make the switch to the other site. I really like blogger. I added you to my google reader, so I can keep up with you. I tabbed that same quilt that you are working on as one that I might want to make some day (my list is a mile long). Hee Hee!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your quilt. I think it is a challenge to balance the colors and hues in a scrap quilt. Hope you enjoyed te day. Beth
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love this quilt. Carrie Nelson is such a clever quilter. I am planning on making this hopefully next year - that's if I get everything done this year! Happy Stitching, Ann :-)
ReplyDeleteThat's one gorgeous quilt! I'm sure yours will be just as beautiful! ---"Love"
ReplyDelete