I started this last year and worked on it on and off all year long between other projects that had deadlines for finishing. The longest part of this project was hand quilting the outside border. I did an echo stitch around all of the applique but the rows of stitching were pretty close together, so it took forever. I intended to make the echoes about a quarter inch apart and I think I did about an eighth inch instead. This was a sew along on the Humble Quilts blog by Lori starting in April last year. I am so happy to have it finished!
We are back from our trip to visit our new grandbaby. He is so precious, but they all are at this age. Here he is on his quilt grandma made:
And here is one more:
I think he is a real cutie, but I'm a little biased. His mom called the other day, he was 5 weeks old and he had rolled over from tummy to back. We were thinking that it was just a fluke because that's a little early for that, but she called back again several days later and said he does it every time he is placed on his tummy, so he is doing great. Quite the little character!
We drove 3,550 miles on the trip, that was a long drive! But we had a great time visiting and playing with the little guy. They are coming to stay here for a weekend in April, so it will be fun to see how much he changes by then.
It took us a week or more to recoup from all the travel, guess we are getting old. Whew!
When we got home, this was waiting for me:
A group I belong to had a pincushion swap. This is the pincushion and two hand made dish cloths my partner sent to me. I love the fabric she choose for the pincushion, it is just gorgeous. Here is what I made for her:
I made two and couldn't decide which one to send, so I sent her both! The one with the bird is made from Kansas Troubles fabrics and the bottom one is cross stitched. It was a fun swap and we are both thrilled with our pinsuchions.
Now I am making progress on the wedding quilt for my nephew and his bride. I'll post pictures later but I am finally finished with making the churn dash blocks and starting to get it sewn together. The blocks sit on point, so I have to pay attention sewing the rows together. It is looking nice and I'm starting to wish I was not going to give it away. It is pretty cute.
I will share more next time! Happy Quilting!




Your sew along quilt is beautiful. And it is done!!!
ReplyDeleteThe new grandbaby is so adorable. I can hardly believe that little guy is turniing over all ready. He will be mobile before you know it.
I look forward to seeing wedding quilt as it goes together.
You are NOT biased! That sweet baby truly is a cutie! Certainly well worth the long trip. Furthermore, your quilt is gorgeous! Also the gift exchanges, both ways, are really nice! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteYour grandbaby IS adorable! The pincushions are great, both the ones you gave and the one you got. And I look forward to seeing photos of the wedding quilt!
ReplyDeleteWhat a little darling! Too cute! The medallion quilt is gorgeous. I kind of envy your love of hand quilting. Can't wait to see the churn dash. I'm busy putting together a quilt on point and hope to be able to show it soon!
ReplyDeleteLove it all - the gorgeous quilts, the beautiful pincushions and of course, the cutest baby! xCathy (ps Giveaway at mine!?).
ReplyDeleteI am thrilled to see your medallion! I love it and that new grandbaby is handsome!! Thanks for letting me know it was completed.
ReplyDeletePS, Love the pin cushions! Enter your pin....cute!
ReplyDeleteOh I want to see a close up of your quilting! Now I have got to finish my medallion too!
ReplyDeleteNice job! Congrats on the new grandson......he is adorable :0).
Cute pin cushions too.
Your medallion is wonderful, love the blue. Cute little guy as are the pin cushions :0)
ReplyDeleteI have absolutely no bias in this case and I can safely say that is one cute baby! He goes quite nicely with the quilt you made him :) Hooray for a finish with your medallion quilt. It looks wonderful.
ReplyDelete