Now I can let you all in on it. Madame Samm of Sew We Quilt /Stash Manicure has a new banner for December. It has Christmas trees, wreaths and poinsettias in it. Check it out, one of the trees is from my quilt! Thanks Madame Samm, I am so excited you chose my quilt for the December banner.
I used the pattern "O'Christmas Tree" by Nancy Murty of Be Creative Studio, it measures about 60" X 69". I started piecing the quilt in October 2008 and finished hand quilting it in January 2009. This was my first large quilt and it will always be a favorite.
I didn't have a blog here back then so I decided to show it off again. I don't have my Christmas decorations up yet, but this quilt is already in my living room.
Visit Sew We Quilt/Stash Manicure to see the other beautiful quilts in the banner and read the stories behind those quilts. Madame Samm always has some great things going on there, too, lots of inspiration and tutorials to check out.
Thanks for stopping by!
Congratulations! Your quilt is spectacular! No wonder it is a favorite. It would be a wonderful quilt to have for Christmas. I went to Madame Samm's blog and read the description by all the winners. I had never seen that site before so I have added it to google reader.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Very nice! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Your lovely quilt really adds to the festive look of the Stash Manicure banner this month. I really like it!
ReplyDeleteNice! I love the different fabrics in the background, it gives it so much interest. Then the tree. So pretty. Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilt. Congrats on being selected for the banner.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilt - and lots of triangles! I don't remember seeing this - if you showed it at APQ, it must have been before me. And congrats for being chosen to be featured!
ReplyDeleteWhat an honor to have your quilt so nicely featured! The honor is well deserved! If I had that quilt, I would have it out early (and late) too! I hope to make a similar one someday. I had not seen Madame Samm's blog either, but will be checking into it often now. Happy December, all the way to Christmas! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteYour tree quilt is beautiful. I love the scrappy background, it really adds dimension. I'm not surprised Madame Samm chose it fror the banner. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHow cool to picked for her banner;) I won't be putting anything up for christmas this year...we are in the process of packing up to move to Oregon;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
Kathleen
Fantastic Marsha! Accolades well deserved! It's a terrific pattern. ann :-)
ReplyDelete