This is the quilt that I received the patterns for at a shop hop to four quilt shops in my area. It was lots of fun to make, all of the applique let me be really creative.
Here are each of the individual blocks:
For the above two blocks I purchased the kits at the quilt shops.
These last two blocks I used fabrics from my stash with a little bit that I had to buy to get the right colors. I didn't have any good purple for the hat. The last thing I can add to the cat on the wall is a tiny ristra to hang from one of the posts. I have to look for a cheap pair of chili earrings for that.
I stitched the narrow red border to my Two Piece Puzzle quilt top and I now have the fabric for the wider navy border. I still have to cut it. Another project has gotten in the way. We are going to take a quick trip back to Illinois to visit my parents and I want to have the gifts for our family gift exchange ready so I don't have to mail them. I am making five table mats. Since my sisters and I and two of my SIL's all grew up on farms and my brothers wife is included since she is the daughter-in-law, I am using the Farmer's Daughter quilt block for the center of the table mat. It seemed fitting to me. Anyway, I have them all ready to quilt and that needs to be finished before I get back to Two Piece Puzzle! I will post pictures of those when they are all finished.
Be sure to check out the two buttons at the top left of my blog page. There are two blog hops coming up, one starts Tuesday, Nov 2, the other Nov 15. There will be free projects, recipes and more. They sound like lots of fun!
I hope everyone enjoys their Halloween eve, have fun!
What a fun Halloween project!
ReplyDeleteVery cute project! I love Halloween quilts, maybe cause I don't use a lot of those colors.
ReplyDeleteIf you have a free minute nwhile you are here call me. Email friendrn54@yahoo.com.
Love the Halloween quilt! You did a great job.
ReplyDeleteLiri
Darling wall hanging! I especially love the tombstones and the pumpkins mouth/bat.
ReplyDeleteVery cute. And how clever to use a bat as the pumpkin mouth! I'll be checking those blog hops, too, so thanks for the heads up.
ReplyDeleteYour Hallowe'en quilt is very cute. My favourite is the black cat witch. A lot of work went into those blocks! The table mat gifts for the women in your family is a lovely idea.
ReplyDeleteSandy
That is so cute;) I love it;) Glad you got it done in time for the holiday. Mine is still sitting in pieces on the sewing table;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
A real Halloween special! A great finish. Ann :-)
ReplyDeleteSuch cute Halloween blocks.
ReplyDelete