Monday, July 5, 2010

Back in business!

I am back on line.  I was checking out blogs on Saturday morning and a virus attacked our computer.  It would not do anything.  We had someone from the Geek Squad out today, he spent a little over 3 hours working on it and the computer is all better now.  I didn't realize how much I enjoy spending time on the computer until it was out of commission for a while! 

I finally started hand quilting Patriots Home, so far just one block done.  I haven't worked on Two Piece Puzzle since we returned from our trip to Arkansas, Missouri and Illinois two weeks ago.  It is on hold for a little bit.  I also have not worked on the Snowbound block for June yet and the July one just came out.  I will have to catch up on those.  I have been working on the quilt for my stepdaughter's wedding gift.  The wedding is Thursday evening, we have family coming in from Arkansas and Texas, so I will not have much time in the next few days for sewing.  I didn't plan to have the quilt finished in time for the wedding anyway.  She will be driving to Florida in a little truck with a good sized dog and not much room to pack things.  I will just mail the quilt to them once I get it finished.   It will be a nice surprise for later. 

I think it is time to relax a little and watch some TV with my wonderful husband.  Hope everyone had a nice, safe holiday and enjoy your quilting!

 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you are going to be busy in the next few days. I'm glad you worked out a plan for the bride's quilt; much better than rushing!I'm also glad you didn't put up with a downed computer as long as I did a while back! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. While on our trip, we didn't have access to the internet all the time and it was quite frustrating to me! I guess I am an addict! I'm glad yours is fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lost without my computer...kinda a shame in a way. Glad you're back in business. Hope your Geek installed/updated the anti-virus/spyware program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your computer is all better. Enjoy all the projects you have in progress, and the wedding on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your computer is all better and you are back on-line.
    You are having a very busy summer with traveling and weddings and birthday parties! Enjoy all your company and the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You still have a busy timetable there Marsha. Iam very sorry that you had a virus attack. Been there, done that and it's not pleasant. Best wishes to the happy couple. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you were able to get your computer fixed. I think computer virus' are one of the most evil, unneccesary creations out there. It's just not fair when you get hit with one.
    That pumpkin pincushion is my own creation, and I have plans on sharing the prototype pattern with the APQ Buddy Circle once I get it finished;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...