Friday, July 9, 2010

Wedding was wonderful . . .

My stepdaughter's wedding was yesterday evening and it was beautiful.  She held it at a small winery with beautiful grounds.  Lots of trees, bushes, a pond and of course, lots of grape vines.  She was beautiful and the groom looked wonderful in his USAF dinner dress uniform.  It was all just perfect.  Her uncle officiated for the ceremony and they chose some meaningful readings and their vows were great.  My husband looked splendid in his tux as Father of the Bride.  It was a nice evening and lots of fun.

Our guests left for home today so things will be back to normal soon.  The groom flies back to Florida where he is stationed on Tuesday and the bride is leaving Wednesday to drive to Florida with a stop mid-way to visit aunts and uncles.  I can get back to working on her quilt then.

I was very surprised on Tuesday with a package from Katie.  I won her giveaway and these lovely things arrived:

Remember these great items?  These plus a wonderful chocolate bar and the July/August 2010 issue of Quiltmaker magazine full of great patterns and information.  I haven't had much time to look at everything but I am so happy to be the winner.  Thanks Katie! ! ! 

Well, I have been up since 6:30 this morning so it is time to take it easy!


11 comments:

  1. I know you are glad the wedding went well, and is over so life can get back to normal, whatever that is! Looks like you won some nice gifts! Congrats! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weddings are always pretty, especially when they are of people that you love.
    Cool goodies you won there;) Katie did a great job on that stuff.
    Happy Quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful Marsha! I'm glad the day was a success and enjoyed by all. Your giveaway prizes are fantastic! Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love weddings - they are very uplifting - bring back memories! Lucky you for winning the gifts from Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad the wedding went well. It sounds beautiful and very meaningful with a family member officiating and all.

    I'm glad to know the goodies made it. You may smile to know I was standing in the store, staring at the rack of magazines, scratching my head trying to decide which one was best. And though I couldn't open the one I sent, that quilt on the front kept calling me back, so I was really hoping it wasn't one you already had and it would have at least a project or two somewhere in there that interested you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the wedding went well. Sounds like a lovely backdrop for the occasion.
    Great winnings! Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky duck!! I'm glad the wedding went well. Enjoy your goodies :) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! A wedding and the surprise birthday party. You have been busy! Sounds like you have enjoyed yourself. Are all the children married off now? Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you really enjoyed the wedding. It's so much fun to win and get goodies in the mail. Enjoy. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got your comment on selvages, any size would be great, most of mine are about 1/2" of fabic plus the selvage, but anythign would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Marsha....I need your email addy so I can send that pattern file. I have a contact point on my blog page you can email me from.
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...