I had to hold the clothes line up and it still wasn't tall enough to get it off the ground. I'm very happy with it and I am happy to have it finished. Well, I still need to add a lable to the back, but essentially, it is done! It is sunny in NM today, but cold, it's 31 at noon. There is a little snow on the ground hidden behind the quilt. We are suppose to have a day or two of sun, then there are two more storms coming in from the West. It was cloudy and rain/snow all day yesterday. We need the moisture but I am getting tired of cold rain and clouds.
This has been my distraction from quilting and blogging the last few days. We ordered it the end of December and it arrived on Friday so we have been out riding around and checking it out.
It is really BLUE! The old truck was ten years old. We needed a little more power to tow our trailer and to take the ATV when my husband goes hunting. We have been taking it everywhere the last few days to get the break in miles on it before we take it camping.
I also put one more flower together last night for the Patriots Home quilt. Since I finished the big quilt, now I'll have more time for this one. Can't wait to get the flower shapes finished so I can put the rest of it together. Tomorrow I am planning to get the fabric for my nephews wedding gift. While I'm looking for that fabric, I'll also keep my eye out for more of the reds, creams and blues I need for Two-Piece Puzzle. I decided I need to get the wedding quilt finished before working on Two-Piece Puzzle, but I can keep looking for fabric!
News on the friendship block swap. Ann has been helping me out. She has found a really pretty quilt block that is easy to piece. Since I am a good idea person but don't have any experience with block swaps, Ann has offered to administrate it. There will be information out soon so we can get going with it. Stay tuned for more info!
Marsha
Ooooh! Pretty! I agree, the pieced border and pieced binding really work in this quilt. Are you keeping this one? I'll stay tuned for the block swap info. I've never done one, so thanks to Ann for her expertise! -Joanne
ReplyDeleteThe quilt looks goergous! It seems you were just starting on that last week - it went together fast.
ReplyDeleteYour new truck is very pretty. I like the color - I think it's the same as the car I'm considering right now!
I'm getting excited about the swap!!!
Oh yeaaa! I can't wait for our blocks swap :)
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is really beautiful!! You did such a great job on it! :) Christine
beautiful, the quilt and new truck. HAPPY SEWING!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful quilt you've made! It is very, very nice! Looks complicated! Nice truck too! ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteThe quilt looks great. I hope you will keep it and enjoy it. I ook forward to seeing the ones you are working now.
ReplyDeleteI love your truck! Blue is my favorite color. I am surprised you got anything done with the new truck and all...
I will watch for more info on the block swap. I have never done one either. Thanks Ann for lending your expertise.
Scrap quilts have a wonderful dimension to them, and yours reminds me of a jewel box.
ReplyDelete-Alice
Bravo Marsha! It's fantastic! And you hand quilted it. I am so impressed. That's a monster truck Have fun with it!
ReplyDeleteInformation about the block swap has been posted on my blog. Everyone seems so enthusiastic!
Cheers, Ann :-)
Your quilt is awesome! All the colors, it positively glows. Love the truck, too. Enjoy your camping!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is amazing! I love the scrappiness of it! I usually just slap on a plain border, but I need to rethink that for sure. Hee Hee! I signed on for the APQ swap also.
ReplyDeleteRemind me when you started this one? This is one of the scrappy quilts on my list. I think everyone should have a snuggable, scrappy quilt that makes you want to curl up and stay warm on these cold days. Wonderful job on the distribution of color! Wow, nobody's gonna run you off the road, huh? Love the truck. Mary
ReplyDelete