Yep, I woke up at 4:30 this morning thinking about quilting! I don't like when that happens, I can't get back to sleep until I can calm my mind but the ideas just wouldn't go away!
When my mom was younger she belonged to a ladies club. It was a group of women, all different ages, who got together once a month to socialize and have fun. They decided to make friendship quilts so each woman made a block with her name and some other info on it to swap with everyone else in the group. They put their own together and had a quilt with each memebers name on it. I don't know why that popped into my head at 4:30 but it did. Anyway, what I started thinking, wouldn't it be fun if all the former APQ bloggers and any of our followers who want to join in made quilt blocks to trade with all of our blogging buddies so we could each have a group quilt. It's just a thought and we would have to come up with some standards for the blocks, etc. Just wanted to throw the idea out there and see what everyone thinks about it. Maybe we can come up with something fun.
OK, I now only have four more blocks to quilt on Pick & Choose. I still have to bind the St. Pat's table runner and I haven't worked on the red, white and blue one again, yet. I have decided on what I want to make for my nephew who is getting married in early June, so have to get these others finished so I can get started on their gift.
I went to JoAnn's and got some fabric for the other red, cream and blue quilt that was in the last issue of APQ. So far I have four reds, a couple of blues and I think three of the cream fabrics I plan to use. I will buy the other fabrics later. Gotta finish up some stuff first! I also got some background fabric for the Snowbound BOM quilt on the Bunny Hill site. It is so cute and I want to get the first two months blocks done soon so I am not too far behind on it. Ideas for projects just come at me too fast!
My husband and I had a busy Valentines day. We did some tree trimming, cut up some of it for the trash and made a pile of what wouldn't fit in the garbage container, yet. Once that was done, my husband was checking out our garage door opener because it's been acting up. I went out to see what he was doing and noticed smoke coming from the motor on the opener. Sooooooo, we unplugged it and he went to get a new one. The rest of the afternoon was spent installing the new one. Fortunately, the new one fit with the old wiring and brackets so that saved a lot of time. The new one works great! We had gone out to dinner Friday night to avoid the rush on Sat. and Sun. so we did have a nice Valentine's celebration a little early.
Well, back to sewing. One of these days I need to do some dusting and vacuuming but for now I feel like sewing!
Enjoy your day!
Marsha
A block swap would be fun Marsha. Count me in. Any ideas on a theme? Were you thinking of organising it? I'd be prepared to help out. Ann :-)
ReplyDeleteI had thought about a block swap a while back, when the AQP site announced it was going to change, but never got around to suggesting anything. I'm so glad you came up with the idea (I'd forgotten all about it). I'm definitely in! I'm not sure what kind of help you might want or need, but like Ann, I'm also willing to help.
ReplyDeleteHey, count me in!
ReplyDeleteGood idea! Let me know if I can help in any way.
ReplyDelete-Joanne
Me too! Count me in on the swap. My husband does that 4 A.M. wake up too. My trouble is usually dropping off to sleep without all those ideas racing thru and wanting to get back up. Your "to do" list sounds longer than mine. Ha! Sure glad you and your hubby caught the problem with the door opener before it became a disaster. Gotta go...the dust bunnies are calling! Mary
ReplyDeleteMe too! Me too! Me too!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! APQ quilters unite! hehehe. I'm glad that you were able to avoid disaster with the garage door opener :) Christine
ReplyDeleteI think a block swap would be great;) One that lets the personalities show through;) We are a pretty varied group here, aren't we;) Good stuff.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, the quilting on the brain wake up call is a common occurance here;)
Keep us posted;)
Happy Quilting!!