Monday, June 29, 2020

June sewing

June has been a busy month.  I have some secret sewing going on that I will not be able to show until Christmas gifts have been delivered.  Those are table runners I am making for the kids gifts.  One is all done, the second has the buttonhole stitching all done on the applique and it is ready to be sewn together.  There are two more for the kids and one for me if I am not sick of the pattern by the time I make mine last!

The other project I have finished is a small quilt.  Last December the Small Quilt Talk group I belong to online had a Secret Santa swap.  My swap partner sent me a charm pack of Bunny Hill Designs "My Redwork Garden".


The pattern is called Sweetheart by Lindsey Weight of Primrose Cottage Quilts.  It was a free pattern sent out in their newsletter.   It finishes at 22" X 22".  It did not use all of the prints in the charm pack so I picked out my favorites.  These are darling prints.

That is all I can show for right now.  The small quilt group is doing a Fourth of July Pincushion Parade on the 4th and I have made four little pincushion/bowl fillers for that.  We post photos on the 4th so I will show those on the blog after that.

Not much else is going on.  The state has opened up a bit and we have been able to meet a few friends for lunch in restaurants over the last couple weeks.  It has been so nice to sit down with another couple and visit and eat together.

We did go camping for a couple days again.  This is out in the wilderness, so no one else was around much.







If you look close in the center of the above photo there is a horn toad that crossed our path while we were hiking.  It is about three inches long and blends in very well with the sand.  DH said he had not seen one in the area in about 30 years so it was a treat.

That's about it for now.  Love seeing all your projects, enjoy your quilting time!

3 comments:

  1. What a tease! But I understand the secret sewing. And before long, you'll be able to show us what you've made. That horned toad would have scared me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A darling little quilt! And it was very nice that you got out some - especially the camping in the wilderness! I would love to see a toad! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, life has been rather quiet these last few months. That's a sweet little quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...