I didn't have quite enough of the homespun's so I used a couple different cotton prints in there, too. I really like the way it looks and I only have small scraps of the homespun's left.
Progress has been made on "A Tisket, A Tasket", too.
Here is the most recent "before" photo. The quilting is now done, and tonight I finished stitching on the hanging pocket and the label is attached. I need to wash the quilt markings out and get a new picture. I don't have the camera right now, but I hope to get a picture soon and will put it in the next blog post.
I also pulled out all of this:
I spent a week cutting fabric from these piles for my DGD's cowboy boot quilt. I know, one wasn't enough. The first one turned out so cute for my 11 year old GD that I decided to make another one for my 21 year old GD. Cutting is the most challenging process for the boot quilt. I want it scrappy with the boot top, toe and heel all different coordinating fabrics. The original pattern has 30 boot blocks in it, but for my older GD I wanted it bigger, so it has 42 blocks. Soooo, lots of cutting. Then, I turned it into this:
This pile will become the boots. Lots of sewing, creating the sections that make up the boots.
Then:
Lots of trimming to get the sections ready to sew together! And lots of sewing to make 42 boots.
As of tonight, I have all of the boots made, the sashing and corner stones together and the center section of the quilt made. Six boots across by seven rows. Tomorrow I hope to get borders on, backing sewn together and maybe have it pinned so I can start quilting it. I'll let you know if that happens!
Somewhere in between working on these two projects, I also finished the first block of the "Let It Snow" BOM by Buttermilk Basin. DH had day surgery on both of his hands a few weeks ago and it made a great take along project for the waiting room. The second block is out and I am anxious to get it ready to stitch. The button to the Buttermilk Basin site is on the right side bar of my blog. There are a few more interesting ones in the side bar, too. I'm not sure how many I will get to, but some of them are really cute.
Have a great weekend! ! !




Goodness me, you have been busy! Wish I would catch a portion of your energy. Can't wait to see the boot quilt. Your basket quilt is going to be adorable too. ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteHomespun fabrics are still part of my stash. Have always liked them.
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy. Those cowboy boots are going to be such a fun quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.
ReplyDeleteLove the scrappy backing on your quilt and isn't it good to make a dent in the stash! That's a big pile of fabrics and lots of cutting to make those cowboy boots but well worth it. Your Bunny Hill Basket BOM looks so pretty. Never did get round to finishing mine.
ReplyDelete