Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year to Everyone!

Wow, it is hard to believe another year is gone!  I want to wish everyone a Happy, Healthy, Blessed and Prosperous New Year!  I really enjoy all of my blog friends, I don't know what I would do without you!

We had a very quiet New Year, I quilted a bit, we watched a movie and went to bed around 10:30!  It was very nice!  Yesterday was a busy day though.  We ran some errands in the morning, I baked a cake, one of my husbands friends stopped by to chat, we took the cake to our neighbor to celebrate his 72nd birthday, took a couple of books and leftover dog food to another friend's house and then came home to have dinner and relax. 

Today DH is out for a motorcycle ride with some friends.  I love to ride with him, but it was just the guys today.  I stayed home and sewed.  I am working on the Temecula Quilt Company  mystery quilt.  It is a free quilt along for the 12 Days of Christmas.  Today is day eight.  We make a 3 1/2" quilt block each day and have a mini quilt when it is done.  It is not too late to join in if you want.  I actually made all eight of my blocks today, there are four more days to go.  They will leave the directions up on their blog if you want to make it later.  Here's what I have so far:


I have seen on several blogs and through the small quilt group that lots of people are making it and I finally had to give in and do it, too!

I had a wonderful quilty Christmas, too.  Santa brought me five new books:







I can't claim I don't have any inspiration to make something!

He also brought me a light box for applique and embroidery designs.



I have no excuse to not be creative this year!

Last of all, my daughter sent me a $30 gift card to JoAnn's.  With it I bought that rotary cutting mat.  It is 24" X 36" and I love it!  The best part is, when I went to JoAnn's the mat was on sale for 40% off plus I had a 15% off total purchase coupon, sales items included.  With that, I still have almost $4 left over on the gift card for my next trip.  I was soooooooooooooooooooo happy! ! !  Love a good bargain!

That is a very quilty start to my new year!  I am making great progress on my red and white pinwheel quilt.  I have completed six of the rows of pinwheels in the center of the quilt, just five more left, then I can start quilting the borders.  My fingers are calloused and my skin is so dry, but I am loving the process of hand quilting it.

I hope you are all having a great day and doing some sewing!  Enjoy!
 

7 comments:

  1. Your little blocks are so pretty! Can I wheedle the Redwork book out of you? LOL! You had a really good Christmas!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa did pay you a really good visit, didn't he? It will be fun to see what you make from those great books! I'm curious about the mystery quilt blocks; can't wait to see how that turns out! Happy New Year, with lots of fun quilting! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Five books? Woo hoo! They all look great and with the new rotary cutter, mat and light box, I sure expect to see some quilty greatness from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little mystery quilt is my kind of quilt - easy and only 12 blocks! I think I will do it, but haven't started it yet. I just got a new cutting mat like that one at JoAnn's on sale as well. They are great and can be turned over when one side wears out. Happy new year and have fun with all your gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am going to have to start on the 12 Days project from Temecula. I didn't think I would have time but the blocks look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 9 blocks finished. These blocks are so easy to make. Using scraps of Christmas fabric--had to remake the second one, as I didn't like it. Had some difficulty with number seven. Since they are so small, I am hand stitching the pieces.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...