Wow, how did it get to be September so quickly? In my last post I mentioned I had some light cleaning to do before my step daughter came for a visit. Well, I got the cleaning bug and did some deep cleaning instead. I cleaned the kitchen really well, washed out all the cabinets, the fridge both outside and inside. Dusted every surface in the house, cleaned the guest bathroom to within an inch of it's life, washed and ironed curtains in the bedroom and both bathrooms. Then made a new tablecloth and matching valance for the kitchen! I was tired and ached all over but it is such a good feeling knowing the house is CLEAN! We had a nice visit with my step daughter, went out to eat, lots and now she is back in Florida. DH went hunting but he called and said it was wet and dirty and they had not even seen a single deer so they are headed home. With the fires in the area earlier in the summer the deer have left for other places. I was really hoping he would have a good time but maybe next year.
I have been doing some sewing. I finished block eight of Henrietta Whiskers. Just one more to go for this BOM, can hardly wait to see the last block on Monday. Here it is:
I also dug out an old Fons and Porter magazine and worked on a little Halloween quilt. It is still a work in progress, but this is it so far:
I need to fix that seam in the lower right corner and get it ready to quilt. This one only measures about 12" square. Once it is quilted I will add some buttons to dress it up a bit.
There is also another project in the works. Months ago I won a bundle of fat quarters and the pattern book for Fresh Off the Farm from Kelly Mueller of the Wooden Bear. I finished enough other projects that I started on the wall hanging in the book. I have two more blocks to applique before I can start putting it together and get it quilted. I am anxious to show it off, soon I hope!
I received a flyer in the mail earlier in the week that one of the JoAnn Fabrics stores near me is closing. They are consolidating with another JoAnn's closer to me. Anyway, everything is on sale so I stopped in and found a few things I can use. I bought two spools of thread, some buttons and a package of fabric sheets for the ink jet printer. I finished my Underground Railroad quilt more than a year ago, I think, but never made the label for the back that explains the quilt blocks. I have never tried using the printer to transfer pictures so since the fabric sheets were 33% off, I decided it was time to make the label. I am anxious to give it a try, I will let you know how I do! The same day, I stopped at two more shops. I found some more buttons at one and at the quilt shop I bought two yards of a favorite cream colored fabric and a package of batting for the Fresh Off the Farm wall hanging. I don't have a plan yet for the fabric but I know I will use it eventually.
Today I spent most of the day out with a friend, we went out to lunch then visited some antique shops and flea market. I didn't spend any money today, except on lunch but we had fun looking. DH will be home tomorrow, so life will be back to normal.
Here is one last picture of a butterfly that landed in my backyard long enough for me to get the camera and take a picture.
Happy September!
That's the kind of deep clean my place needs. Both your projects are delightful and you managed to make the most of the sale - well done! That's a very pretty butterfly. Ann :-)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you again, Marsha! Love all your projects, keep up the good work! If there is a JoAnne's going out of business, I recommend stocking up on quilt batting, LOL!
ReplyDeleteLiri
I agree that September snuck up on us, but it looks like you were crazy busy, so I can see how it happened to you! The little witch is so cute - she must be a good witch because she's too cute to be a bad one. I look forward to seeing all the other projects, too...the ones you teased us with only descriptions of.
ReplyDeleteThe blocks are so cute - very nice! It's a good thing the cleaning bug bites once in a while, huh? It doesn't seem to bite me very often, but once in a while it does, because then I get the urge to clean. The rest of the time, I don't get that urge at all! Beautiful butterfly picture!
ReplyDeleteI got that flyer in the mail too, but decided I really didn't "need" anything;) That Halloween quilt is going to be cute;) I was thinking I needed to deep clean my house, but we just moved in so it can wait;) The fires here were really bad....I don't blame the deer for moving for the year. Hopefully it will be better next year for your hubby;)
ReplyDeleteHappy Quilting!!
Kathleen
You have really been busy! Don't you just love a nice clean house?! I gave mine a lick and a promise yesterday when I vacuumed. Your blocks are so sweet, and you have a lot of quilty stuff going on! That's a beautiful butterfly! I had not seen one like that. ---"Love"
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to seeing all your Henrietta Whiskers blocks together. They're just so cute. So is the little witch. By the way, should you still be suffering from the cleaning bug, you're welcome here :)
ReplyDeleteYou have been very busy. I love the latest Henrietta block. Can't wait to see the rest of your projects that you teased us with.
ReplyDeleteI got the cleaning bug too, but luckily it was just the 24 hr kind of bug and I got over it quickly LOL.