Sunday, June 12, 2011

A good weekends work . . .

I feel like I accomplished quite a bit this weekend.  First of all, I finished up Block 6 of Henrietta Whiskers:


Then I stitched all six block together:



I can hardly wait to see what the last three blocks will look like!  I have to wait until the 5th of July for the next block though.

Next, I started piecing another quilt top that I had cut out earlier.  It is from the book "Fresh Off the Farm" by Kelly Mueller.  It is the one I won along with a bundle of fat quarters of her Fresh Off the Farm fabric line a while back.  It is in four different sections at the moment.  It has some really cute farm animals to applique.  So far I have all the pieces drawn onto the Heat n Bond but have not started cutting them out yet.  I probably will not work on it again until after we get back from our trip to visit the new grand baby. 

And finally, I made a cushion for my sewing chair.  Since I got my new machine, my chair is a bit low, I needed a booster chair!  A few weeks ago my DH decided to get a foam mattress to put in the truck bed for when he goes hunting.  We had to cut a section out of each side for the wheel wells in the truck.  That left me with two sections of the 7" foam to play with.  Well, today I measured my chair seat and designed a cushion.  No pictures yet, I still want to make a pretty cover for it.  When the foam compresses when I sit down it boosts me up to where I can look down on the needle a bit instead of being even with it.  I think it is going to work, at least I hope so.  I'll let you know when I've had a chance to sit on it for a while. 

I'm still working on hand quilting my winter quilt.  It is over half way finished!  Yay, cause I've got more hand quilting coming soon.

That's been my weekend, along with a couple of loads of laundry, a little shopping, and watering my flowers and tomatoes.

Now, I think it is time to relax a bit!

9 comments:

  1. Your Henrietta Whiskers blocks are so-o-o-o-o cute! I should have gotten in on those in honor of Mrs. Bushee! The chair cushion sounds great and will probably give you a boost! (No pun intended! *grin*) ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Henrietta blocks! You did well. Using up leftover foam for a cushion? A woman after my own heart. I hate throwing out perfectly usable materials. Make sure you show us what it looks like!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is going to be adorable;) I could really use a cushion on my sewing chair;) How are you holding up with the smoke? It seems to be better these last few days;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were really busy! I love Henrietta so far. It is so very cute. Yours look adorable. and you have them all put together.
    Take care. Hope that smoke is about over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! Those Henrietta Whiskers blocks will make an adorable quilt. Have fun visiting the grandkids.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Henrietta Whiskers does it again - so adorable! I love all the blocks together and it's great to see such progress, isn't it? I'm curious about this cushion - do show a photo when you've finished with your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your quilt blocks are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are fantastic..this is going to be one gorgeous quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing good at keeping up with the BOM patterns. Not one I am doing but it certainly is coming together into a good quilt. I will follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...