Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year to Everyone!

I think one of my goals for 2011 needs to be that I post something new to my blog at least twice a month, if not once a week!  I get busy and read everyone else's blog but forget to update mine. 

We had a nice quiet Christmas, we spent the evening with friends down the block.  We had a nice dinner and lots of conversation.  She does not quilt but has some antique quilts made by her mother-in-law.  She has talked about them in the past, but she got them out to show me.  She was concerned they were faded and had some worn spots.  I told her to enjoy them the way they are.  One is a nine patch, faded quite a bit and hand quilted.  It has lots of character.  One is a wedding ring pattern and it hangs on her wall.  It too is very faded but beautiful and hand quilted as well.  She was concerned they were faded and old that maybe her kids wouldn't want them.  I told her they are still valuable and to enjoy them.

I have been busy with my quilts.  The Snowbound is ready to start quilting but I want to practice on something else with my new machine before I start on it.  I have started hand quilting Two Piece Puzzle.  I have two and a half rows done and I am loving it.  I think I have five and a half rows to go so it is going to take a while, but it is in progress.  I also started putting the APQ swap quilt together.  I set the blocks on point, never did that before, and I'm liking what I've got so far.  I feel good that these three quilts are all in progress.  Do they still count as UFOs?

I want to take some pictures of everything but it was too cold to go outside today.  Temps are in the low 20's and headed down for a couple of days.  It is suppose to warm up a bit next week.  I know that doesn't sound too bad to some of you, but it is unseasonably cold here.  We have snow on the mountain but what little fell over the last couple of days has melted out of my yard.  I can't complain about that.

I want to take a picture of the table runner my sister sent me for Christmas, too.  I love it.  Maybe tomorrow will be sunny enough to go outside for a bit.

I want to wish you all a very safe, healthy, and prosperous Happy New Year!  I hope we all get to quilt ALOT in 2011!

6 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have lots to keep you busy for the next while. I wish I knew how to hand quilt. Anyway, Happy New Year to you. Looking forward to some pictures, too.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your progress, as well as your plan, sounds great to me! We're really cold here in Texas tonight too, but maybe not as bad as had been predicted! Hope you get to quilt a lot this year, AND blog about it! *grin* Happy New Year!
    ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! More posts would be fun for us, but don't make it a chore for you...then it won't be fun any more. I hope the weather cooperates so you can get some photos soon. I'm curious about your swap block setting. It seems a lot of us have chosen to put them on point, but they all look different. And for your cold weather, not to rub it in, but yesterday the high was 51 here. It felt like spring, rain and all...so I guess we're getting your weather and you're getting ours? (I'll take it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, and Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year. I look forward to seeing your quilts. I am finishing the alternate blocks on my Snowbound and hope to get it together in the next week or so.
    We were warm here for two days but today is really cold, a high of 18 I think. Brrrrr.
    Can't wait to see all that thisnew year brings us all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...