Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day All!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day!  I'm tired.  We got up and took a long walk this morning.  Ended up with a dozen aluminum cans to add to our collection.  We have almost half a bin full.  Then, I took a long nap around noon, watched a couple of movies on TV and haven't done much else today.  My kids called me and I called my Mom.

Yesterday I finished up my little flower garden.  I've spent some time this week evening off the flower bed line, putting in some brick edging, loosening up the soil, digging out a few more tree roots and the old rose bush roots and finally planting some flowers.   Also planted a couple of sweet bell pepper plants and some green beans into the pots I used for tomatoes last year.  Got the two toppsy-turvy planters done.  Two cherry tomato plants in one and twenty strawberry plants into the other one.  I just have a couple of flower pots to plant yet.  I'm glad the most of the planting work is done, it wore me out! 

I haven't done much sewing in a few days but hope to get back to that tomorrow.  I want to work on my quilts, but my step daughter is getting married in July and I'd like to make a small quilt for them.  I have a pattern picked out so I can start getting fabrics together.  They both like blue so I'm going to try to make something with light, medium and dark blues, kinda scrappy, and either a cream or beige background in the blocks.  I'd love to find a cream fabric with some light blue vines and tiny flowers but when I'm looking for something specific, I never find it.  There are some star blocks mixed in with an Irish chain design.  I'm hoping I'm on the right track and she likes it.

I'll try to get some pictures posted soon, they always make the blogs much more fun!

Hope everyone had a great day, doing whatever makes you happy!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you too;) Sounds like you had a good day;) Can't wait to see photos of all the gardening you've been doing;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day! You had a good one by all accounts. I like the sound of your blue/cream quilt. I've been looking for a pattern to use all my blue fabrics too. It's maddening when you can't find just what you want! Good luck with your search. Ann :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you! Check out Bonnie Hunter's "Ocean Waves" blue and cream quilt on Quiltville.com.

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice relaxing day. You needed one after all that garden work. I love blue so that quilt sounds lovely. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue quilt plan sounds very nice; we will just have to wait to see it develop I guess. I agree that yard work wears one out; I thought (hoped?) maybe I'd die a couple of weeks ago from it! *grin* ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...