Sunday, April 30, 2023

I'm back with a progress report

 Wow, the time this year is really flying by.  I can't believe it is the end of April already.

I have been working on projects but haven't taken time to post about them.  I was having fun working on them, so didn't take time for anything else!


The pattern for the dolls is from a book called, My Rag Doll by Corinne Crasbercu.  I found the book on Amazon.  There is also a video tutorial that can be purchased on Etsy that gives a better explanation on how to make the dolls.  I found it very helpful.  



I made three more dolls, one is for a friend's granddaughter and the other two are for my granddaughters.  These were fun to make and turned out to be so cute, but I don't want to make any more anytime soon.  I am having lunch this week with my friend and her GD so will get to see the little one's reaction when she receives the doll.  I will be travelling to visit my grands next month so that will be fun, too.

Next, another cross-stitch project is finished and framed.  


The center pattern is called "Sheep in the Meadow" and the outside patterns are "Little Sheep Virtues".   Another fun finish and I love having it framed and on the wall.  Of course, I have finished the stitching on three more projects, one big, the others small.  I have to get busy and finish them now.

And I have a couple quilting finishes, too.  First is a table runner as a gift for a Christmas gift exchange.  I love having it finished so early!


This is a free pattern called Farmhouse Christmas by jedicraftgirl.  The link to the pattern is down the page so scroll down to find it.  I enjoyed making this one and I used directional fabric with works on it for the background in the center of the design.  I managed to get all the words right side up in the sashing's and in the center of the tree.  The outside border fabric has words, too, but they are printed going in all directions so no worries there.  

The gnome quilt is finished, too.

A close up.




This is called Balsam Gnomes .  It is also a free pattern by Lake Girl Quilts.  The link takes you to a tutorial for the free quilt pattern and she also has a link to her shop where you can purchase the pattern with out any ads on it if you prefer.  The whole pattern is in the tutorial with lots of photos but there is also advertising mixed in.  I can't wait to put it out next Christmas.  Those gnomes are very cute.

Here is the fabric I found for the backing:


I think it is just perfect!



And I will close with a cute sign I found on Amazon:



I hope you are all enjoying your stitching!




1 comment:

  1. Time does fly! I've made an effort to blog regularly, which pushes me to take photos somewhat regularly... Otherwise I'd be over here with nothing to show but lots done! I love the gnomes quilt! It will be fun to pull it out when winter comes (if it ever goes away - we have snow predicted again tomorrow!) and snuggle under it. The little dolls are sweet, but I bet a lot of work. I bet the little girls who get them will love them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...