I want to wish everyone a very Happy, Healthy and Fun New Year!
Sorry I have been absent for a while, I needed to take some time to unwind. I did read all my favorite blogs and keep up with all you are doing. Sorry I did not always comment, time just flew by.
I hope to do better this year and get back to participating through my blog.
The past few months have been busy. We went to Branson, MO for my DH ships reunion in September. That was lots of fun, there is so much to see and do in Branson. We traveled to Colorado for GD's birthday parties, then to Florida for three weeks to visit DH grandkids.
I have kept busy with cross stitch and some quilting. Here are a few things I did:
I finished this cross stitch piece, it was so fun. I love the animals and alphabets in it. Still not framed but that is on the TO DO list this year.
I have a good start on this one. I have added another block and am working on one more. From this photo will be five additional blocks along the bottom. I am enjoying this one, too.
My one quilt finish, a table runner for a Christmas gift for the Bunco gift exchange. Everyone liked it.
I made these dolls for two of my GDs for Christmas. The four year old asked Santa for "a soft doll with wings so she can fly around the room when I play with her". So I made dolls for both GDs and they were a big hit for Christmas. Grandma has to make little dreams come true if she can. The dolls were made and delivered to their house early when we went for a birthday weekend. They hid out in a closet until Christmas. I made wings to the dolls later and mailed them. Cheaper to mail wings than the dolls.
Now I have to make more dolls for my other GDs and for a friends GD. I can take my time with them though.
This is a photo of a table runner I made for my girls a couple years ago. This year when my DDIL got it out while decorating for Christmas, my four year old GD made a little addition. I got such a kick out of seeing this. She made sure there was a "real" baby in the manger, there is an appliqued baby under the doll but she thought it needed a baby. I love the way little ones think!
That's a quick catch up. I hope it won't be too long before you hear from me again. There are other projects I am working on that have not been photographed yet, so will show them another time.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Well, you may not have been blogging much, but you sure have been busy! The cross stitch projects are wonderful. I always think I'll do that but never seem to want to do it when the time comes! The little dolls are so sweet and I'm glad your granddaughters like them. So many of the young girls I know prefer smartphones and video games, or at least Barbie, to baby dolls. And the actual baby on the table runner is so sweet. I've seen a few posts where kitties invaded the manger, but this is so much better. (Though being a cat lover, I can't say the car is all bad!) I hope the new year brings you joy and health and time to do all the crafty things you please and I look forward to reading about them!
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Marsha! No apologies needed. 2022 flew by. What a lovely collection of projects you have been making. Your stitching fingers have been busy.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year Marsha! I'm rather spotty about keeping up with blogs these days, but I'm always happy to catch up with old blogging friends when I do get a chance to sit and scroll through :) Those dolls are darling. I'm sure there were two very happy granddaughters on Christmas!
ReplyDelete