Saturday, April 8, 2017

A finish and some mug rugs

I have the Farm Girl Vintage quilt/wall hanging finished for my oldest daughter.  It went together fast after the little blocks were done. 


I love the aqua polka dots I used in the sashing, it makes the quilt look really fun.  If you click on the photo, it will enlarge and you can see the fun little blocks better.  Even though they are small with lots of tiny pieces, they were so much fun to make.   I didn't make all of the blocks from the book but someday I just might make a quilt with more of the little ones.  I love all the parts of this one, I think my DD will enjoy the wall hanging, too.    Now I am anxiously awaiting the finish of Katie's 
(katiemaytoo quilts (and other stuff) )  version of her Farm Girl Vintage quilt.  Can't wait to see it:)

I have two little mug rugs I made as gifts for friends, too.



I am really happy with these, too.  I used a mug rug pattern by Kathleen Tracy of the Small Quilt Talk group to make the star, then decided I wanted them larger so I put a neutral frame around the star, then added the end strips to make the rectangle.  They measure 7 1/2" X 10 1/2".  The stars are scrappy fabrics I had on hand and the neutral and patriotic fabrics are left overs from a quilt I made several years ago.  I think they are pretty cute.

Now I need to finish the label and binding on the Sunbonnet Sue baby quilt and I am still working on the Sunbonnet Sue for my DGD.  I love working on the Sue blocks.

That's about all the quilting news for now!  Enjoy your stitching! 


8 comments:

  1. The mug rugs are great and the farm girl quilt turned out fantastic! I had high hopes of quilting mine today, but the day is getting away from me and we have a cookout with family in just a bit now...alas, there is always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The farm girl wall hanging is adorable! Very cute blocks! The mug rugs look extra special and will be fun for your friends to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, someone has been busy! There are so many cute details in the wall hanging. Your daughter will love it. The mug rugs are such thoughtful gifts for friends, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tractor is perfect, and surrounded by lots of cute farm stuff! I love the fabrics in your mug rugs, and that's my favorite star pattern. Good job of all! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is your Farm Girl quilt! Nice work on the mug rugs too. I'm looking forward to seeing Sunbonnet Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure your DD will love the Farm Girl quilt! Very pretty. I love the colorful stars in your mug rugs, and the frames to enlarge the rugs work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your farmgirl. I am making one that is using personal blocks of our farm. thinking of trying to design some that I need and will put the history of our farm on the back for future generations. so so fun to do those blocks. your mugrugs are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tractor is my favorite part. The colors identify it immediately as a John Deere.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...