Saturday, August 14, 2010

Lots of swap blocks!

I have been working to finish the blue stars quilt and have not posted anything for a bit.

I have received lots of wonderful swap blocks. First from Ruth:



Lovely blocks and a little tissue holder.  I love the beautiful fabrics in both blocks and the pinks and blues in the tissue holder!  Thank you Ruth!

Next, from Katie:


There was some chocolate, too, very yummy but sadly it is gone now.  I love the little pink pin cushion and the scissors fob is already on my favorite scissors.  Katie mentioned it before but we have some of the same fabrics in our stashes.  I really love these blocks, too, and the nice note card with the kitty on it.  Thanks for all the goodies Katie!

And from Joanne:



Blue is one of my favorite colors so I love these lovely blue blocks!  Joanne, thank you for the blocks and your nice note. 

And last picture, from Kathleen:


These great blocks made with all these fun prints.  These are so much fun with the animals and funky cars.  They are great!  She also included a quilt pattern and kit she and her mom designed.  She said she brought that because she didn't have to mail it.  Since we live close to each other, we got together at a coffee shop and had a chance to visit.  It was really fun to meet her in person!   Thank you Kathleen for the great blocks and the lovely visit!

I am really loving receiving the swap blocks, participating in the swap is so much fun!

OK, now I need your help.  I have finished the blue stars quilt for my step daughter and her new husband, what shall I call it?  I need to make the label yet, so I am open to creative suggestions.  Here it is:

I have thought of Star Struck, Wish on a Star, and Catch a Falling Star.  None of them really excite me.  What would you call it?  It is a pattern from APQ, April 2009 called Pink Lemonade.  It was on the cover and done in pinks, yellows, oranges and corals.  I added two extra rows to one side and the bottom to make it a little bigger.  Both of the kids like blue so I made it in various shades of blue for them.  It will be a nice couch throw or a picnic quilt.  

I have been catching up with my Snowbound BOM, too.  June, July and August are almost finished.  I still have to embroider noses on the little snowmen and add a few other details.  Once they are all done, I can sew the first three rows of the quilt together and get an idea of how it will look when it is finished.    

 Then it will be back to the two red, cream and blue quilts.  The smaller one has one block all quilted and the larger one still needs some of the blocks made before it progresses.  Right now my quilting projects are all for me, so no timelines for completion.  I hope there will be no new babies or weddings before I get these done!

I hope everyone is enjoying lots of nice quilting time! 

11 comments:

  1. The quilt looks terrific. The blue colour scheme works really well. How delightful that you and Kathleen have met. You have received some super swap blocks and goodies. What a generous bunch the APQ girls are! ann...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful. I didn't realize it was the same one on the front of APQ - look what changing colors does to me! I have no names to offer, though - I'm no good at that - sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky duck, meeting one of the Quilting Buddies in person! Your blue star quilt is beautiful. I'm partial to blues and stars. Unfortunately, I'm awful at namibg quilts, so I rarely do. Sorry, that's no help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are going to be able to take some quilting time to make some things for yourself;) Once in a while we have to do that, or people doubt we are quilters...since we give so much away;)
    It was great to meet you, too;) Love all the other blocks you got;)
    Happy Quilting!!
    p.s.....I don't name my quilts, so I have no idea on a suggestion for the stars...very pretty though;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful bunch of swap blocks!
    I'd suggest "My Blue Haven" --- not Heaven, but Haven --- a secure place of comfort. Certainly that quilt will be just that for a new bride. Actually, my dictionary defines haven as "a place of shelter and safety," with retreat and refuge as synonyms. No matter what you name it, she and her groom are going to love it! It is beautiful! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great blocks -- I'm sure your swap quilt will be lovely. I love the quilt for your step-daughter. I have never named any of my quilts (I have never named anything I have made). I'm sure you will come up with something catchy.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt is so pretty. They will love it no matter what you name it. I'm not good at naming either. I just end up putting who it is for, date and that I made it. Good Luck. Connie204

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful swap blocks! Your quilt look great, its alway fun to finish a project and have it turn out so pretty. Thanks for sharing, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Errr ummm looks like we could use somepractice naming our quilts hu?I don't name mine either. I really like the blue stars, I am sure that the happy couple will love it.
    Your swap goodies are wonderful.
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt is awesome! I like Love's suggestion. I'm not very good at naming quilts. If I think of one name, I usually use it, because one name is all I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi it's me again and I agree with Love's suggestion also! I will put my thinking cap on and if a name pops up I will email you!! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...